A bit like last year, it’s been a strong early part of the year in terms of music – so I’ve drafted up a little “top 20 albums of the year so far”
Quick reminder of the rules
– No remix albums, live albums, EPs, Best Ofs, Alternative Versions, cover albums, etc.
– Goth, Industrial, related only – hence the omission of the likes of Black Veil Brides or Bring Me the Horizon
– Democratically voted for by a panel consisting of me
– Subject to change for any end of year counts – are newer releases in a false position?
– I don’t pretend I’ve heard every relevent album this year – have I missed something major? Let me know here!
– And, of course, there are some good albums not in my top 20, merely because there were 20 albums I thought were better.
So, here are my thoughts… in reverse order…
20) Grooving in Green – Stranglehold
19) Mindless Self Indulgence – How I Learned to Stop Giving a Shit
18) Zynic – Blindsided
17) 9th Evolution – 9E INC
16) Last July – True Story of a Lie
15) Savages – Silence Yourself
14) Krystal System – Rage
13) Bloody Dead and Sexy – Bad Ambient
12) Kitty in a Casket – Bittersweet
11) Waterglass – The Bleak Will Inherit
10) A Life Divided – The Great Escape
9) Alterred – The Time It Takes to Smile
8) Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away
7) Bad Pollyanna – Monsterous Child
6) XP8 – Adrenochrome
5) Terrolokaust – Spit the Posion Out
4) Mesh – Automation Baby
3) Comaduster – Hollow Worlds
2) The .Invalid – Aesthetics of Failure
1) The March Violets – Made Glorious